- You know I have to include a Flash prediction. So, here you are... I predict a Flash player will finally be included on the iPad and iPhone this year. This will be mostly due to the fact that so many more phones, and tablets, will be released with Flash, pressuring Apple to do the same.
- Say goodbye to the "e-" and the "m-" and say hello to just "learning" in 2011. I think we will be less concerned about the medium and will call it "learning" regardless of whether it is in the classroom, computer, phone or wherever else you are finding it.
- The coming flood of tablets in 2011 will move m-learning much further along. However, I think people will be distinguishing less and less between the terms e-learning, m-learning, and just learning. After all, where does m-learning stop and e-learning begin? See prior prediction.
- With the economy improving, we will see reinvestment in classroom training and classroom trainers. I believe too many organizations have hastily delved into online training, resulting in developing courses that are better off in in the classroom than online. Plus with so many rushing into e-learning without investing the time in understanding the design end has resulted in ineffective "rapid e-learning." I think we will see these people who had good intentions are going to move away from e-learning. For those that may be in that boat, don't give up on e-learning, but please read "Hey You Rapid e-Learning Peeps, Slooow Down and Take a Little Drive on the ISD Side of Town."
- QR Codes will become more prevalent in the U.S. In fact, I just started using them myself by including them in a new e-learning course. I also plan to start adding them to job aids, manuals, presentations and anywhere else when appropriate.
Want to see what I predicted last year?