- m-Learning continues to grow. I think the growing popularity of social media apps on mobile devices will assist with a growth of social learning (I consider social/informal learning on mobile devices m-learning too). Micro-courses for mobile devices will become more prevalent too.
- Google Wave will be released as a much less cumbersome application than the current beta version, but will struggle with adoption by general public.
- Those corporate training departments that moved so much training online in a haste to cut costs will recognize the ROI of quality classroom training. There will be much more reflection on what works online and what is more effectively taught in the traditional classroom.... and what is best blended.
- Tablets will be very popular in 2010 and eventually some will add ability to effectively display reader friendly book text. Perhaps an e-reader mode.
- I recently started using Yammer so I will make a few predictions regarding Yammer. They will expand many of their business friendly features. This will include better search functions, a mobile app that actually works (yes, I went there), and a TweetChat style app (increasing its ability to function as a social learning tool).
- We will begin to see more growth of Adobe AIR, including uses in e-learning.
- Some large corporation, maybe Microsoft, will buy Adobe. I don't wish it, but predicting it.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
2010 Predictions - Big Question
January's Big Question at the Learning Circuits blog asks for our 2010 predictions. So, here we go;
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.